PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Surprise!


On Nov. 19 my incredible friends at work threw us a surprise baby shower! Actually, Gary was in on it - his task was to get me away from the office so they could set everything up. He whipped up a barely believable story that he'd locked his keys in his car...which is basically impossible, but I went along and "rescued" him. I returned to work only to be summoned to the conference room where a roomful of work friends and friends I work with were assembled. I was shocked...in fact, at times I still am!

As if the shower wasn't enough, my wonderful co-workers gave us Piper's crib and mattress! I am still shocked and humbled by their gracious, generous gift. I know Piper will have many sweet dreams in her beautiful crib - which is the Pottery Barn Kids Dana, in case you were wondering.


Piper also received several darling Robeez shoes, sweet bunny slippers, a soft as a bunny outfit, several books, a precious pink satin ruffled purse and hair bows, a darling doll and the beginnings of her first kitchen - a mixer, toaster and microwave. All pink and adorably retro!

Daddy also got into the act with a funny chicken puppet hat. Just add Piper and watch the hijinx ensue!


Under the heading "Things I Never Thought I'd Be Excited About" we also received a contoured changing pad and cover, Diaper Dekor, baby wipe
warmer, portable changing station and baby monitor.

We also received several gift cards to Pottery Barn Kids and Babies R Us which we cannot wait to use.

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful surprise, the incredible gifts and the overwhelming outpouring of love for our daughter. Somewhere in China, Piper is sweetly oblivious to the circle of friends who are waiting here for her. She is a lucky girl. And so am I.