PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pottery Barn Kids...Oracle?

Pottery Barn Kids Online Registry...do you know something we don't?

Several weeks ago while registering Piper online at Pottery Barn Kids, I took a moment to review my selections. Under the "Quantity Requested" column, I noticed "2" instead of "1." "Two?" I wondered. "What did I register two of?" I scrolled over to discover the number 2 was in the crib row! "Yikes! I don't need two cribs!" So I edit the entry to "1" and continue checking...only to find another "2" - in the crib mattress row! Cripes!

I make the change and hit "Save & Update Changes." I do a final review only to find it still has me down for two cribs and mattresses! Pottery Barn Kids Registry - are you trying to tell me something? I made the edit yet again, which took. Believe me...I checked.

Time passes, my wonderful co-workers surprise me with a shower and gracious gift of one crib and mattress. However, the crib was on backorder and unavailable for the shower. My friend who ordered it, called PBK with instructions to go ahead and ship it to my address. Apparently, she called after the crib had shipped because it arrived at her house last weekend. End of story, right? Not quite...

Yesterday, I came home from work to discover a large Pottery Barn Kids box at my door. It's a second crib! PBK shipped it to my house, per my friends instructions, without realizing the other crib had already shipped. Two cribs - just as the online registry had predicted.

So...you tell me. Is Pottery Barn Kids Registry an Oracle? Do they know something we don't? Are they trying to communicate to us that we need two cribs? I guess we'll find out soon enough. Until then...do I keep the second crib? Or risk angering the PBK Oracle by questioning it once again?