PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Friday, June 16, 2006

Crikee!

I think I speak for everyone adopting from China when I say, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Now visualize me running around like Pee Wee Herman rescuing snakes from the pet store in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Last night, we got the June 27 rumor. Then, this morning we heard a rumor from a "dependable" agency saying the CCAA thinks they can get through all of June in June. Whatthe?! All of June in June? That's me! Crikee!

But wait! No sooner had I begun the inner struggle of heart and head - heart wanting to believe this rumor because it's just so wonderful while head said it was too good to be true and stick with the 23rd so we don't get hurt again - we heard that someone somewhere said not to put too much stock in the all of June in June rumor.

Well crap.

But all this is to be expected, really. Things get all crazy right before referrals come out. Rumors start flying left and right and people get testy. Full moons have nothing on the gravitational pull of referrals.

As always, I'll be glad when this batch is announced. I've been saying for months that "this month's referrals will tell the tale." This time, it just might be true!