PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tip your waiter

Okay, so the last time I was actually around a baby was...er...uh...let's see, years ago? It suddenly dawned on me that I don't know what to do with her. I mean, I know what to do with her - hold her, cuddle, coo. I've taken so many attachment classes and read so many books and articles about bonding that, yes - I know all about that part.

But what do I do with her? Like playtime, games and all the goofy stuff we do with our little ones? I was reading a blog from a family who is in China right now adopting their daughter. She mentioned playing a silly game where you bounce baby on your knee while singing "ride the pony into town, ride the pony don't fall down" and tip baby over and upside down.

Oh yeeaaahh - I remember that one! From, like, 30 years ago! Ah, jeez - what am I going to do? Piper is on the verge of being the most bored baby on the planet...unless you help.

Yes, all you experienced and tenured mommies and daddies out there, it's time to tip your "waiters." What are your favorite baby games, goofy songs and fun activities? Seriously - write 'em down in the comments section, email them to me in written form or on video - whatever works. We're desperate. Let's fill this wait time with parenting tips!

Only you can keep Piper from such playtime activities as "chop the onions, one, two three!" or "here we go shopping with mommy!" or "dusty dust around the house, dusty bunnies and one mouse!"