PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The best adoption site...ever

You've heard me talk about the Rumor Queen. Her site is a godsend to those of us trapped in adoption limbo. Well, she has another site - At Last...A Family - that is an incredible site not only for adopting parents, but for our family, extended family and friends as well. Go there now!

This site prepares you - us - for everything from sleeping arrangements to diapers to why "Peek-A-Boo" might not be such a good idea for newly adopted Chinese babies.

A bit of background on Rumor Queen - she's adopting her second child from China. logged in a few months behind us. Her advice is a terrific blend of "been there, done that" and "what the heck do we do now?!"

So please, take a look - I think I'll be referring to this site long after the need for rumors and rumor analysis is gone. Which I hope is soon...but even Rumor Queen doesn't know that.

Oh, and why not Peek-a-Boo? Because "Bu" means no in Mandarin. Imagine covering your face and exclaiming "No!" to a 10-month old American baby. Peek-a-No? I don't think so.