I gotta cut back on the whine
So today I received an email newsletter on communications. Working in PR, I get these all the time. One article caught my eye - top tips for bloggers. The number one tip was to post often - daily if possible. They also recommend you write something your audience will want to read. I've pretty much failed at this task - my posts have basically been the whine of the week. I will try to keep my morose, teen-angst filled prose to my journal. Not that I have a journal. Perhaps that's my problem.
But I digress. I think one day I will look back at this and want to slap myself and scream, a la Cher in Moonstruck, "snap out of it!" I will also profess the genius of 20th-century journalist H. L. Mencken who said, "in my own somewhat narrow experience, the value of writing seems to be in inverse proportion to the ease of writing. Whatever flows freely and bubblingly turns out to be sorry stuff a week later."
Sorry for the sorry stuff. But I've been pretty sorry myself these days. So, I've decided to - once again - pull myself up by my bootstraps and face the world with fresh perspective. I admit, my bootstraps are a little worse for wear - a tad threadbare in places, but they're strong and, dangit, so am I. I have come too far and been through too much - too much besides this adoption - to let this wait pull me down.
So, I'm cutting back on the whine - heck, I can stop anytime I want! So from now on, I promise fun and/or meaningful posts. Coming up - a full report on the June DTC Hairbow Exchange, adoption from our cat's perspective and a listing of my favorite "adoption" songs. Maybe we'll take a fantasy glimpse into the future to see how we feel about this wait a year from now. Now doesn't that sound tastier than some more whine?

<< Home