PiperSzabo.com

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break" - Chinese Legend

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boy oh bow!

My June DTC discussion group had a Hairbow Exchange - we were assigned to groups of five with instructions to purchase one hairbow for the other four members and not to spend more than $5. I went to the ever-posh Kathleen's Kids and Kathleen produced four precious, pink, handmade bows sure to please any girl on your Hairbow Exchange list! I neglected to take a photo, so just imagine a ballet on a bow and you'll have an idea.

I'm beginning to realize that little girls really can't have too many hair accessories. I'm thinking it's the evolution of woman - it starts with hairbows and evolves into a love of shoes. Head to toe, so to speak. But I digress...

I received two packages today and one earlier this week. The first box held these colorful curlycues. Why, yes - I did try them on myself...and I looked quite fetching, too!


The next package contained a rainbow of little bows on clips and headbands that will go with just about everything in Piper's closet.


The other was a package was fit for a princess - literally. A special shout out to my sweet friend and fellow Dillon June DTCer Dana. From the rose-covered pink tutu and matching hairbow to the - get this - pink satin headband with - seriously, are you sitting down? - pink satin headband with a small rhinestone crown on top! Baby's first bling! Can you stand it?!


I've realized it's not the bows (although fabulous), it's what the bows represent. Seeing these bows and the pink tutu and princess crown headband helped me visualize my precious little fairy princess Piper dancing around the house. Who knew a little bow could help boost my hopes that she may actually be here someday.

Thank you Hairbow Exchange Group! What a fun project - I can't wait to see Piper wearing these in her hair! Heck...I can't wait to see Piper.