The Scooter Controversy: Resolved
I must say, I haven't had this much reaction to a post since we announce Piper's referral. But, I think I have this whole "scooter issue" resolved. I'm sure we'll all sleep much better now.
First off - here's the dreaded scooter:

It's cute! It just has a dorky name that makes me sound like I belong on a playground or in a nursing home.
But, thanks to my fabulous Title Nine catalog, I now know I don't belong in either. I belong on a mountaintop, tennis court or trail! You see, Title Nine is filled with cute, trendy, hip clothes for athletic girls. Why I get it is beyond me. But if someone has put me in that demographic, who am I to argue?
The catalog is chockfull of what they call skorts, cute little skirts that hide a pair of shorts underneath so we athletic girls are ready for whatever life throws our way. I've always thought skorts were shorts with a little skirt-like panel in the front. I look hideous in them. But Title Nine says skorts are what Columbia calls scooters. It's all in the branding.
In fact, one skort description reads, "If you think 'yikes' when you think skort, this skort will make you think again." Why that's me! Oh, Title Nine, you know me so well.
One skort that looks almost identical to my dreaded scooter is called the "No Brainer Skort" and is their "hiking skort of choice." And what is climbing the Great Wall if not hiking, I ask you?
So there. We can all rest easy now, knowing the great scooter controversy has been resolved. I won't be on the Wall in a scooter. I'll be in a hiking skort. Sweating like the athletic girl Title Nine thinks I am.

<< Home